Tuesday, April 21, 2009

PGR BSM Modesto VFW Meet and Gree 05 12 07

The pics are sequenced bottom to top. Text for a pic is under the pic. Click on a pic for a much larger pic.



The local Fire Dept came with their floating water pump to empty the pool. Those trout had a date with a cleaning table to the right of the pool!!! A lady was doing the honors and she was good, they met their destination in a hurry.

As the water got lower, folks around the pool were given nets to get the fish. They were real nice size. Some little kids got in on it too, they were having a blast, I should've been snapping instead of napping!! One actually got in the pool and was chasing them!!!

None of the PGR riders were there, I knew they were supposed to be out for a ride, but I also thought they were supposed to be back by 1300. I asked Chief, and he said they were visiting one of ours in the hospital, due to a medical condition. I think Scooter is going to publish info soon, so I won't go into detail.

Well, it was on to 1500 and I had my lunch and made a outhouse visit and was ready to hit the road, and the riders finally arrived. They were all headed to the food, and I'd already flipped my go home switch, so I saddled up and took off.

I went over Corrall Hollow Rd into Livermore. The ride is nice with a few miles of twisty's. The wind was howling thru there, I was getting hit with 45mph gusts, so I used all of my lane. When I pulled of 580 to make that left, I actually had a hard time turning the bike, the wind kept standing me up! It's nice to miss the 205 / 580 mess thru Livermore.

I really do want to thank BSM and VFW for inviting us. It was quite a treat, and I really appreciated it!!! I'm sure I speak for all that attended. Cranky



I was hungry!! Took lots of pics of the eating booth!!! GBG

After we ate, one of the BSMs grabbed the mike and thanked a lot of folks for being there. She also introduced a Gold Star Mom. That always effects me. We had two boys back from the sandbox. It was nice to shake their hands.

I felt sorry for one of them, I was behind him in line, don't know how I did it but almost lost my hamburger to the ants, but managed to save it by rubbing it all over the back of his T shirt. I DID apologize profusely for doing so!!!

Chief got tagged to tell the folks about the PGR, never knew this before, don't put him on a stage unless you have a hook!! GBG



The BSM's had a set of pictures displayed...



A better view of the tables and chairs...



The picnic area back in the trees, smoke was rolling!!



Went to the Modesto VFW for the PGR BSM VFW Meet Greet and Eat, I didn't sleep!! GBG

They had a big temp swimming pool and it had a bunch of trout in it... more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment