Tuesday, April 21, 2009

ALR / PGR SanJose Ca 11/11/07 Parade

Pics are from top to bottom, text for a pic is under the pic, click on a pic for a larger pic!!

San Jose, CalEFornYa, I like Arnie!!! Vets day parade! ALR got into the parade and we asked PGR to join us, only appropriate as ALR founded PGR! And most of us are PGR.

Some of us met at American Legion Lodge 564 at 1000, Doug and Mike were already there when I arrived. It's a great place to stage, the coffee is brewed!!! Thank you Lodge 564!!!

8 bikes showed up there, Tom called and said I'm lost... he took San Thomas and turned off on Walsh, so he was REAL close!! GBG

Doug, Mike were first, then Tom, Tim, Jack, Rich, Craig, Showed up and we met Geno and John at the parade site, 3 more PGR riders showed up and joined us at the parade staging site, Gary and his wife also met us at the staging site, 14 in all!! .

And in fine fashion as I'm apt to do.... we left 564 and went 3 blocks... I kept looking at the bikes and said to myself, "It's a wonderful world"!! ------ and... I only saw 6 bikes.. we left with 8 and I see the tail gunner... pull over and stop on the 101 on ramp.. and I ask, am I missing something? As I'm apt to do...

Tail gunner said someone lost a flag and another guy stopped to help.. We waited for a few minutes and here they came!! And a roaring off we went!! GB

Great day! Great ride, and THANKS TO ALL THAT SHOWED UP!!! GBG


Almost "lift off" from 564, Doug in the middle, that PGR logo is not a banner, he had a decal made, it's stuck on the inside of his windshield. When I get my fairing, gonna do it!!


At the staging site.. Had the trike in front, 2 big flags behind and the rest of 14 bikes!! Damn nice group, and thanks again!!!


Another shot from the rear..


Ok, it's a parade!!! We were privileged to see many fine groups of folks!!! Gorgeous cars and fine groups of uniformed folks!!


This was a wheel chair group of W II vets that rode the route!!! God Love 'um!!!


I got one shot on the scoot, it's called getting in line and waiting!!! We got lots of hoots and cheers!!! We also warmed our pipes and tooted our horns, some of us have VERY loud horns!!! ..... we had a blast!! GBSEG !!!!

It was a pleasure and honor!! Thank you all for being there!!! GBG

And I want to thank ALR and PGR for the organization that brought us together to celebrate!

A lot of PGR missions are painful, it's nice to have a fun ride and the weather was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment